Te Tiriti and Whenua Māori Lawyers
Whaia te iti kahurangi
We are a well-known law firm in Hamilton with more than 100 years of successfully serving clients in the Waikato and across the motu. We offer a comprehensive suite of legal services, with a focus on Te Tiriti, property, commercial, asset planning, dispute resolution, workplace law and te ture whenua Māori.
We live and breathe our values. They’re at the forefront of our decisions and everything we do.
- Whāia te iti kahurangi
We are looking for two great lawyers to join our Kahurangi Team in assisting a range of clients including iwi, hapū, trusts, individuals and companies in Te Tiriti and Whenua Māori matters generally.
Our Kahurangi Team advises clients across a range of areas including Treaty of Waitangi settlement negotiations, resource management, Māori Land, Waitangi Tribunal, governance issues and general dispute work.
- 4-6 years’ post admission experience in the Māori legal arena
- Expertise in resource management is preferable
- Expertise and/or an understanding of public law as it relates to Te Tiriti, iwi and hapū is beneficial
- Strong file supervision and management skills
- 2-4 years’ post admission experience in the Māori legal arena
- Experience working in the areas of te ture whenua Māori, resource management, takutai moana and/or general disputes would be helpful
Ideal candidates for these roles will have:
- Some proficiency in te reo Māori and tikanga Māori
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrate kotahitanga and manaakitanga every day, with the ability to work well within a busy, exciting team environment
- Establish positive working relationships within and outside the firm
- Strong time management and organisational skills
If you would like to be part of a great whānau and highly motivated team with exciting mahi, then this could be the role for you. We work hard, celebrate our successes and are motivated by providing the highest level of service to our clients.
If you have any pātai or would like to apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.