Brendan leads our Dispute Resolution Team and is the Chair of McCaw Lewis Limited.
Brendan has over 30 years experience in Court litigation and alternative dispute resolution and is a qualified Arbitrator and Mediator. He also teaches arbitration, mediation, advocacy and civil procedure at the University of Waikato Faculty of Law (Te Piringa).
Brendan is very experienced in advising on a range of disputes and will work hard to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients in such circumstances.
Brendan joined the firm in 1984, was appointed a Partner in 1991 and has been a Director of McCaw Lewis Limited since 2011.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Arts (History) (BA)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Dispute Resolution) (DipBS)
- Fellow of the Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute (Mediation) (FAMINZ)
- Accredited Mediator on the Resolution Institute Panel of Mediators (Acc.M.LEADR)
- Accredited Mediator (Australia)
- Member, NZ Law Society (Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch) Standards Committee
- Council member, NZ Law Society (Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch)
- Convenor, NZ Law Society (Waikato Bay of Plenty Branch) Courts, Tribunals and ADR Committee