Area of expertise
Our team of experts can help with a range of workplace matters, from advice on how to prepare individual employment agreements and HR policies through to dispute resolution via negotiations, formal mediation or proceedings before the Employment Relations Authority or Court. Our focus is on ensuring that we work with clients so that all documents are consistent with your approach to business, whilst also protecting you from potential legal risks down the track.
Our experienced team provide clear and easy-to-understand advice on employment and HR aspects of the workplace including:
- Drafting individual/collective employment agreements for employers, including standard templates.
- Reviewing individual employment agreements.
- Drafting/revising policy and procedure manuals and documentation, including health and safety matters.
- General advice regarding employer best practice, including restructuring advice, internally and as part of business sales and purchases.
- Advice on minimum requirements, e.g. leave, KiwiSaver, redundancy.
Arrangements with independent contractors can often be confused with employment arrangements. We can help you with:
- Drafting contracts for services.
- Advising on existing contracts for services and obligations.
- Disputes involving contractors.
Our team understands the practical issues that arise in employment relationships and offer advice to both employers and employees on workplace disputes. This includes:
- Advice on management of workplace disputes, disciplinary actions and dismissal.
- Performance management advice.
- Preparation of cases before Employment Relations Authority or Court.
- Representation in all employment forums including mediation, Employment Relations Authority and Courts.
- Assistance with negotiation of settlements.
- Commercial employment matters.
- HR issues.
Our team have experience working within and advising clients on obligations and processes under the Health and Safety Work Act 2015. We have advised clients on internal policies and practice, Worksafe investigations and processes. We have also represented clients on sentencing matters under the Act also.
We understand that Immigration Law relates to Workplace Law and Commercial Law matters. We provide Immigration services to businesses and professionals. We have the knowledge and experience to assist and advise on the specific Immigration New Zealand requirements for work visas, visitors visas and residence visas.