Thomas leads our Property Team and specialises in property and commercial law.
Thomas focuses on complex and urgent transactions and projects. He provides customised and tailored advice, drawing on a combination of strong technical knowledge, commercial judgment and a commitment to top level service.
Thomas has lectured on property, company, and securities law at the University of Waikato, AUT University and Wintec. He has appeared as an expert witness on land development issues, and his publications have been referred to in a number of Court decisions.
Thomas joined the firm in 2004, was appointed a partner in 2008 and has been a Director of McCaw Lewis Limited since 2011.
- Author Unit Titles Law and Practice (LexisNexis, 2011 and 2015 (2nd ed))
- Co-author Land Law (Laws of NZ, 2014)
- Co-author Principles of Real Property Law (LexisNexis, 2014)
- Co-author Easements, Covenants and Profits (Laws of NZ, 2009)
- Co-author Company Law: Challenges for SMEs (NZLS, 2010)
- Co-author Financial Markets Conduct Regulation: A Practitioner's Guide (LexisNexis, 2014)
- Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 presentation.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours (LLB (Hons))
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (BSocSc)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Planning (PGCertPlan)
- Past President and National Councillor, Property Council NZ (Waikato Branch)
- Board Member, New Zealand Institute of Surveyors
- Chair, Vibrant Hamilton Trust
- Member, Resource Management Law Association
- Member, NZ Law Society Property Transactions Committee